Ordinance of the Town of Middletown, R.I.
- From May 1 through September 30th, dogs shall be permitted on town beaches, only between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 7:45 a.m., provided they are on a leash.
- From the day after October 1, through the 30th of April, dogs shall be allowed on town beaches, provided they are leashed.
- Any person walking or in control of a dog which deficates must immediately remove the waste.
- From May 1 through September 30th, no person shall ride any horse upon Sachuest and Third Beaches.
- No person shall ride a horse upon Sachuest or Third Beaches upon that part of the shore between high and low water marks adjacent thereto in such manner as may create a hazard to himself/herself or as to endanger the lives and safety of any members of the public or their property. Any person in control of a horse which deficates on the beach, street, sidewalk or public property must immediately remove the waste.